Recipe type: Appetiser
A fun, easy way to make homemade onion rings!
- 5 medium white onions, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups powdered pancake mix
- Separate the sliced onions into rings.
- Combine milk, eggs and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
- Soak onion rings in mixture 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in shallow bowl.
- Remove onion rings from milk mixture then dip in pancake mix.
- Deep-fry rings in 375°F (190°C) oil until golden brown.
- Drain fried onion rings on paper towels.
This recipe is courtesy of Wikibooks.org.